Last call for INN 2.3.2

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon May 14 21:48:11 UTC 2001

In article <20010510014812.A7708 at wonderland.linux.it>,
Marco d'Itri <md at Linux.IT> wrote:

| On May 10, bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
|
|  >  I have a machine I use for testing, I can put the next unstable there,
|  >and I'll go back to trying to make NFS mounted reader slave work again.
|  >I'd love to see that in the configure settings, although I suspect my
|  >problem is that I'm mounting from a big-endian export to a little-endian
|  >reader box, and probably need a serious hack to make that work. It tries
|  >to work, but any commond but DATE and QUIT gets a segfault.
| I'm not sure this is the problem, I have a INN 2.2 setup with a
| solaris/sparc writer and linux/intel readers and it works very well.

  Are you using largefiles? I'm trying Linux off of AIX, but I can try
off Solaris, or at least Linux/SPARC for sure. I'd love to make it work,
it would solve a lot of problems. I'm just not sure if it would be
easier to write a dumb caching server for scratch or to add some caching
on an NFS reader slave.

  If I take a week of vacation in July I may do this, one way or the
other.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc