auth

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu May 24 23:30:54 UTC 2001

Fernando Palma <fpalma at uevora.pt> writes:

> I have read that document, but I'm not a perl programer, and I would
> like to do the auth prog in C code. Is it possible to get the same
> mecanism that perl auth allows with C or is it impossible.  Is there a
> flag in inn.conf that allow that kind of authentication???

There is no way to return anything other than a user identity from a C
authenticator at present in INN.  We hope to eventually add that, but for
right now you have to use Perl or Python to get that functionality, or put
all of the group information into readers.conf and write a C authenticator
that returns the appropriate user identity.