problems feeding posts to upstream newsfeed

Sam Ducksworth ducksworth at tri.sbc.com
Thu Nov 1 21:47:30 UTC 2001

Hello,

I have set up our news server in a "pull" configuration and use
the pullnews.pl script to populate my news server. That works
fine. My news readers can also read all the messages and even post
back to our news server (not the upstream provider). The clients
messages appear in the ../incoming directory and i run "rnews" and they
are put in correct batch file in ../outgoing.

The problem occurs when I run nntpsend to send the posts to our upstream
provider. I keep getting messages about "ihave" not supported. Have any
of you encountered this? Do I need to set my site up as "push" instead
of "pull". I tried using the send-nntp script to send the batched
messages but that failed as well.

BTW i use inn-2.3.2 from isc.org.

Thanks for any help!!

--sam