problems feeding posts to upstream newsfeed

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Thu Nov 1 22:47:20 UTC 2001

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Sam Ducksworth wrote:

> The problem occurs when I run nntpsend to send the posts to our upstream
> provider. I keep getting messages about "ihave" not supported. Have any
> of you encountered this? Do I need to set my site up as "push" instead
> of "pull".

You need to do one of two things:

- get an actual feed (i.e., contact your upstream newsadmin and ask
  for one)

- use a program (such as "suck" or "news") which is designed for
  sending posts back as well (unlike pullnews which only does
  one direction...and is not very robust anyway)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org