[FWD: Re: Unable to connect]

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sun Nov 11 18:10:17 UTC 2001

(I've lost track of what else you've done, apologies if we're repeating
ourselves.)

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, werdnareid at netscape.net wrote:

> i was to (1) to try compileing and installing inn from source
> instead of useing thr"rpm", which i did & made the changes just as i did
> before to the same files mentioned above. & got the same result.

Did you follow the directions in the INSTALL file?

> so at a shell on my server i typed "telnet x.x.x.x 119"
> and was unable to connect"the err or was connection refused"

First try using inncheck to check permissions.  Then start INN and see
what messages you get in the news.notice, news.err, and news.crit log
files.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org