"simple" problem with post-access in nnrpd_auth.pl

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Thu Nov 15 01:25:40 UTC 2001

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Marcel Bruch wrote:

> i'm trying to set up an LDAP-authentication with nnrpd_auth.pl.

Are you working on a machine that supports PAM?  If so, you don't need to
roll your own authentication, you can use pamckpasswd (URL below) and a
pam/ldap module.

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/courses/cs414/2001fa/HW4.htm

> On my local machine it works fine, but if other hosts start a
> request they are not allowed to post (the "new message"-icon in
> netscape is grey).

And you don't distinguish in any way based on host?

You didn't seem to get to an actual question...?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org