Move INN Server from server x to y

Thomas Lademann thomas.lademann at siemens.com
Thu Nov 15 10:21:24 UTC 2001

Hi,

i moved my inn-server (only local mailing lists)
from test-server "c65" to productive-server "c114".

I "tar" the whole directory and copy the tar-file to the new server.
After "tar -x" and configured inn.conf, i start the server.

It works fine, but now i have a problem.

1) Problem
===========
The tie/connect with a question and an answer in the newsgroup is broken.

Test-server c65:
----------------
Question

  +-- Answer1

        +-- Answer2

productive-server c114 after tar-move:
--------------------------------------
Question
Answer1
Answer2

2) Problem
===========
If a answer to a question, then only news messages will be generated.

- I read the Question
- I Answer
- My answer is now a new articel

I would have:
Question

  +-- Answer1

But this is the result:
Question
Answer1

Have anyone i idea, who i can fix the problem ???

Regards
        Thomas