Problems with overview or expire configuration

Nicolas STRANSKY Nicolas.Stransky at crans.org
Fri Nov 16 13:53:57 UTC 2001

I'm using inn v2.3.2 on Debian woody.
Following a server crash, the overview was thought to be corrupted or
incomplete, even though I'm using ReiserFS, so I managed to rebuild it. All
messages are still in the spool.

news:~$ /usr/lib/news/bin/makehistory -O -F

I also fixed the values in the active file.

All messages present in the spool were then available and marked as unread
in the newsreaders, so I had to launch this command:

news:~$ /usr/lib/news/bin/news.daily expireover lowmark delayrm nostat
nomail

But then I had the following problem: a lot messages have disappeared from
the overview, which is quite strange because the news.daily command is
launched every night, it has never had this effect before the crash, and I
haven't changed the expire.ctl configuration. The overview of really recent
newsgroups is even completely empty, and many messages of other newsgroups
are missing when I try to read them with any newsreader.

Here is my expire.ctl configuration:

/remember/:14
*:A:1:10:never
crans.*:A:55:90:never

can you help me fix this expire or overview problem ?

best regards,
--
Nicolas STRANSKY