"simple" problem with post-access in nnrpd_auth.pl

Marcel Bruch bruch.m at dni.de
Mon Nov 19 00:08:44 UTC 2001

Hi,

Hi the content of my nnrpd_auth.pl (using now version 2.2.3):

$defaultgroups = "diginet.*";
sub auth_init {
# NO INIT
}

sub authenticate {
 if ($attributes{type} eq "connect") {
   return ($connectcodes{'authneeded'}, undef, undef, undef);
 }elsif ($attributes{type} eq "authenticate") {
   return ($authcodes{'allowed'}, 1, 1, $defaultgroups);
 }elsif ($attributes{type} eq "disconnect") {
 }
 return 502;
}

Telnet on port 119 sends this welcome message:

> 201 dni-ldap.cheruskia InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.2.3 18-Jul-2000 ready (no posting).
_

This Server has no real domainname - the server is only available over
IP, could this be a reason for my problems ? Maybe an misconfiguration
in inn.conf ? I have the same problems in my lan-test-server.

> Telnet to
> port 119 of the news server and run through an attempt to read an article
> in a group and save a transcript of the whole session.  That will let us
> figure out exactly what's going on.

I don´t know how to do this - what docs should I read ?
Which steps are necessary for debug (i´m no professional in INN) ?

Thanks a lot !

regards,
Marcel