Problems feeding news

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Tue Nov 20 02:59:23 UTC 2001

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

> In article <20011119185355.83788A7F9 at ordo.cse.psu.edu>,
> 	"Nathan Coraor" <nate at cse.psu.edu> wrote;
>
> } Is this set up correctly?  Is there something else I need to check
>
> Also ME entry in newsfeeds will be used for the prepended
> patterns of each entry.

To check if this is set up right, look in the "news" log file on the
sending host.  Each article that server sees will have a line there that
looks like this

Nov 19 21:56:10.882 + news.ems.psu.edu
<bdebf327.0111191856.4a002742 at posting.google.com> 1560 lns riddles [...]

where the things at the end of the line ("lns" and "riddles") are the
names of the peers (as named in newsfeeds) to which INN thinks the article
should go.

If for some article that should be fed back, you don't see the appropriate
thing at the end of the line, you need to check your ME entry and the
newsfeeds entry for that peer.  If you do see the appropriate thing, you
need to check your innfeed configuration.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org