Problems feeding news

Nathan Coraor nate at cse.psu.edu
Tue Nov 20 03:47:36 UTC 2001

"Jeffrey M. Vinocur" said:

> On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:
>

> > In article <20011119185355.83788A7F9 at ordo.cse.psu.edu>,
> > 	"Nathan Coraor" <nate at cse.psu.edu> wrote;
> >
> > } Is this set up correctly?  Is there something else I need to check
> >
> > Also ME entry in newsfeeds will be used for the prepended
> > patterns of each entry.
>
> To check if this is set up right, look in the "news" log file on the
> sending host.  Each article that server sees will have a line there that
> looks like this
>
> Nov 19 21:56:10.882 + news.ems.psu.edu
> <bdebf327.0111191856.4a002742 at posting.google.com> 1560 lns riddles [...]
>
> where the things at the end of the line ("lns" and "riddles") are the
> names of the peers (as named in newsfeeds) to which INN thinks the article
> should go.
>
> If for some article that should be fed back, you don't see the appropriate
> thing at the end of the line, you need to check your ME entry and the
> newsfeeds entry for that peer.  If you do see the appropriate thing, you
> need to check your innfeed configuration.

Ok, the only entries in the news log that aren't messages COMING from my
old server are:

Nov 14 16:56:03.765 + not-for-mail <3BF2E873.E5DADC9 at psu.edu> 746
Nov 14 17:01:08.090 + not-for-mail <3BF2E9A3.7F1A79D1 at psu.edu> 748
Nov 16 13:01:54.926 + not-for-mail <3BF55492.F5625053 at psu.edu> 749
Nov 19 12:58:47.130 + not-for-mail <3BF94856.B55CB53F at psu.edu> 752
Nov 19 13:43:13.359 + not-for-mail <3BF952C1.364FF80B at psu.edu> 752
Nov 19 13:50:31.831 + not-for-mail <3BF95477.1F0D92F8 at psu.edu> 752
Nov 19 14:38:08.278 + not-for-mail <3BF95FA0.7570F14E at psu.edu> 753

Those should be the local posts... but then there's nothing after it to
feed anywhere.

My ME line is the standard:

ME:!*/!local,!collabra-internal::

I posted the lines for the feed to my old server in my first email.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--Nate