How do get refused/rejected articles bounced to user "news"?

Michael Coxe mc at loudcloud.com
Wed Oct 10 17:41:04 UTC 2001

I wrote yesterday:

> I have a small, low volume INN 2.3 server for internal use, acting
> primarily as an archive for internal aliases/mailing-lists. Sometimes
> things break and articles are refused or rejected.
>
> I can live with an occasional foobar, but what I really need is
> for the rejected/refused articles to be bounced to user "news"'s
> mailbox, or at least redirected to a file, so they can be resubmitted
> once whatever's broken is fixed.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do this?

After doing some of my own looking around I found the following in
the RNEWS man page (mail2news uses rnews to send spooled email to
innd - I think that is the right explanation...). If I make this
change and recompile "rnews" will it do what I want - ie store
refused/rejested articles into this "bad" directory?

Also, will an rnews recompile be enough, or are there other parts
of INN affected by this change to config.h?