Getting the News Feeds and servers peering

Basil Kruglov basil at cifnet.com
Thu Oct 18 06:12:14 UTC 2001

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 01:45:53PM +0800, amran at isp.time.net.my wrote:
> I'm still configuring my Newsgroup server that running on INN 2.3.2.
> I'm trying to get free news feeds from various of newsgroup servers.
>
> 1) Do you have the recommeded list of those servers. ?
No such thing really. One would establish news-peering at his/her own will.

> 2) Do I have to get the permission from them to make peering for news
> feeding. ?
You can't exchange news with someone if you don't have access or they're not
willing to peer/feed you, if that is what you are asking.

http://www.usenet-se.net/peering/

> 3) Can INN do the news feeds filtering ? Where should I do it ?
compile inn with perl enabled and  get cleanfeed -

http://www.exit109.com/~jeremy/news/cleanfeed.html

-Basil