2.3.1, first article in group not propagated.

Dickon Hood dickon.hood at bbc.co.uk
Sat Sep 8 10:25:36 UTC 2001

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 17:34:07 -0400, Forrest J. Cavalier III wrote:

: > Has anyone else seen this?  I've checked the mail archives and couldn't
: > spot anything likely, and I've downloaded 2.3.2 and read through the
: > changelog; nothing mentioned in it that looks relevant.  Anyone any ideas
: > how to work around it?  I've not installed 2.3.2 yet (or, indeed, compiled
: > it) as upgrading things on a Friday afternoon is a Bad Idea (tm)...

: Let me guess.... you use tradindexed storage method with innfeed?

I am.  I forgot to mention that.

: A 423 Bad Article Number shows up in the logs.

Can't see anything in the logs about it.  It's possible the logging level
is too low.

: There was a recent change to the code for tradindexed storage method
: to fix exactly this behavior.

: The fix by Katsuhiro is to inn-workers on Jul 14, 2001 (following a
: debugging report by me to inn-workers on July 12.)  The commit
: to the -STABLE and development branches was Aug 11.

Thanks very much - I'll install it when I get to work on Monday.  I had a
feeling I'd seen something here about something similar, but wasn't sure.

--
Dickon Hood