2.3.1, first article in group not propagated.

Forrest J. Cavalier III mibsoft at epix.net
Fri Sep 7 21:34:07 UTC 2001

> Has anyone else seen this?  I've checked the mail archives and couldn't
> spot anything likely, and I've downloaded 2.3.2 and read through the
> changelog; nothing mentioned in it that looks relevant.  Anyone any ideas
> how to work around it?  I've not installed 2.3.2 yet (or, indeed, compiled
> it) as upgrading things on a Friday afternoon is a Bad Idea (tm)...

Let me guess.... you use tradindexed storage method with innfeed?
A 423 Bad Article Number shows up in the logs.

There was a recent change to the code for tradindexed storage method
to fix exactly this behavior.

The fix by Katsuhiro is to inn-workers on Jul 14, 2001 (following a
debugging report by me to inn-workers on July 12.)  The commit
to the -STABLE and development branches was Aug 11.

Forrest J. Cavalier III, Mib Software
INN installation, customization and consulting
Searchable hypertext INN docs, FAQ, RFCs, etc: 650+ pages
   http://www.mibsoftware.com/innsup.htm