2.3.1, first article in group not propagated.

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Fri Sep 7 19:42:37 UTC 2001

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Dickon Hood wrote:

> I'm finding something odd, though: the first post to any given server in a
> new group is sometimes (I don't *think* always, although I've not checked
> exhaustively) not being propagated out to the other two machines.

Are the new groups propagated (visible, albeit empty) on the other two
machines before you see this behavior?

(Are you creating new groups with control messages or directly and then
using actsync?)

What does the "news" logfile on the originating server have to say about
the first article?  (Search by Message-ID.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org