Overview building errors

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Sat Sep 8 15:58:49 UTC 2001

In article <20010907133558.A42958 at comp.chem.msu.su>,
	Jen Linkova <jen at comp.chem.msu.su> wrote;

} According to standarts, pwrite returns number of bytes _actually_ written -
} and so its return value may be less than nbytes, but greater than '-1'.
} In this case errno is not set.

I'm doubtful that size of writing regular file is less
than requested.  Anyone knows this case?

} In some cases (now it isn't clear for me  depending on what ;-( )
} &gh->indexmem[ge->low - ge->base] + nbytes points
} outside the process's allocated address space.
} So, only part of requested data is written, but errno is not set,
} and %m is syslog(..) contains some junks and more than meaningless -
} it's confusing...

Roman, how large is your netscape.public.mozilla.builds-NEW.IDX?
If the case Jen described happened, this should be quite large
one.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou