Overview building errors

Jen Linkova jen at comp.chem.msu.su
Thu Sep 13 08:33:44 UTC 2001

				Hi!

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 12:58:49AM +0900, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:
> } In some cases (now it isn't clear for me  depending on what ;-( )
> } &gh->indexmem[ge->low - ge->base] + nbytes points
> } outside the process's allocated address space.
> } So, only part of requested data is written, but errno is not set,
> } and %m is syslog(..) contains some junks and more than meaningless -
> } it's confusing...
>
> Roman, how large is your netscape.public.mozilla.builds-NEW.IDX?
> If the case Jen described happened, this should be quite large
> one.

I added some debugging fprintf(stderr..) at  OV3packgroup() to get
size of all NEW.IDX files we are writting to. Error with pwrite() and
pointer outside the process's allocated address space appears
even if NEW.IDX file did not exist and was created by open(..O_CREAT..)
ans its size equal to 0.

SY, Jen aka Furry

######  Седьмой шар недостижим...  ######