Overview building errors

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Thu Sep 13 09:05:00 UTC 2001

In article <20010913123344.A13177 at comp.chem.msu.su>,
	Jen Linkova <jen at comp.chem.msu.su> wrote;

} I added some debugging fprintf(stderr..) at  OV3packgroup() to get
} size of all NEW.IDX files we are writting to. Error with pwrite() and
} pointer outside the process's allocated address space appears
} even if NEW.IDX file did not exist and was created by open(..O_CREAT..)
} ans its size equal to 0.

And what errno you got?  I believe it's EINVAL in most OS'es.  So,

In article <20010907133558.A42958 at comp.chem.msu.su>,
	Jen Linkova <jen at comp.chem.msu.su> wrote;

} > Sep  6 17:05:46 smaug makehistory[8323]: [ID 131604 news.error] tradindexed: packgroup cant write to
} > /usr/local/news/spool/overview/n/p/m/b/netscape.public.mozilla.builds-NEW.IDX: No such file or directory

I suspect above case(ENOENT) differs from yours.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou