INN 2.3.2 news daily report

newsmail at hoerst.net newsmail at hoerst.net
Tue Sep 18 21:48:41 UTC 2001

Hello !

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

KK >} Do you have an idea ?
KK >I may not understand what you're trying to know, but
KK >are you sure that daily report comes from the log
KK >message?
the report comes from the news.daily script shipped with inn
and this script (hopefully) uses the logfiles for getting the
information
it needs (i can'T see another way)
So my question was why the script ignores that one feed (in inn 2.2.x it
works fine)

KK >} BTW: I set reader trach to true in inn.conf nnrpd.track is setup
is
KK >} correct but:
KK >} ====
KK >} Sep  7 18:47:58 capricorn nnrpd[19387]: aquarius Tracking Disabled
KK >} (unknown)
KK >} ====
KK >} Why ?
KK >It's a message that tells nnrpd exits if tracking
KK >is enabled.  It confuses though.
So :-) that was all greek to me.
I set readertrack in inn.conf to true and why that program tells me
disabled (unknown) ? And whrer normally tracking is done ?
I have an idea (i think it was 2.3.0) there was a need to create a track
dir in $mostlogs and there was tracking done, but i don't even remember
it at
all.

Ciao Gerd