readers.conf problems

Basil Kruglov basil at cifnet.com
Fri Sep 21 19:57:40 UTC 2001

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 03:02:37PM -0400, Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:
> > I want access from all hosts, if user authenticate via ckpasswd -f
> > ./some-path/admin, as 'admin' he would get "RPA" access for everything.
> >
> > If it fails, users would athenticate using another password file, and if
> > this fails they get some access without any password.
> >
> > Is it doable under INN 2.3.2 (20010316 prerelease) readers.conf ?
>
> Sure.  You can put multiple auth: lines in one auth block, even.  Although
> you probably only need one password file, because you can give access
> based on the username.

They will have different Read, Post, Approve permissions and
different access to `newsgroups: "*"'.

Let me throw in an example... it's a mess but should give you some idea
of what I'm trying to accomplish here.

auth "admin" {
	# admin
	hosts: "*"
        auth: "ckpasswd -f /usr/local/news/passwd/isp-admin"
#	default: "<fail>" <-- should I be using fail routine?
}

auth "users" {
	hosts: "*"
        auth: "ckpasswd -f /usr/local/news/passwd/isp"
	default: "<fail>"
}

auth "no-passwd" {
	hosts: "*"

#
# access routines
#

access "admin" {
        #
        newsgroups: "*"
	access: "RPA" # Read, Post, Approve
	perlfilter: false
}

access "users" {
        #
	users: "<fail>
        newsgroups: "*"
        access: "Read Post"
}

access "no-passwd" {
	#
	newsgroups: "some-newsgroups.*"
	access: "Read"
}

I don't quite understand how to get "if fails -> then see next auth/access"
routine to work. I found some examples in the archives of inn-workers, but
none of them worked under my INN 2.3.2 (20010316 prerelease). :/

-Basil