readers.conf problems

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Fri Sep 21 19:02:37 UTC 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Basil Kruglov wrote:

> I want access from all hosts, if user authenticate via ckpasswd -f
> ./some-path/admin, as 'admin' he would get "RPA" access for everything.
>
> If it fails, users would athenticate using another password file, and if
> this fails they get some access without any password.
>
> Is it doable under INN 2.3.2 (20010316 prerelease) readers.conf ?

Sure.  You can put multiple auth: lines in one auth block, even.  Although
you probably only need one password file, because you can give access
based on the username.

Then in your access blocks specify whatever access you want based on
users: (which will come from the usernames specified in your password
files), or key: if you want to match one auth block with one access block
regardless of username.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org