readers.conf problems

Basil Kruglov basil at cifnet.com
Sat Sep 22 14:07:52 UTC 2001

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 05:34:24PM -0500, Basil Kruglov wrote:

Ok, I fixed this, I made a mistake around key: "users" in access "users"
somewhere at first...

and fixed another key for auth & access "admin" class, which was giving me
the error I mentioned.

Two Issues:

1. One problem remains, how would inn allow user without any login/password in
under `access "no-passwd"' ?

When I try to connect and hit enter/enter (or type something that doesn't
exist in password files) I get "502 Authentication fail" error.

2. And another one, is there a way to allow 'admin' class to delete
any article in any newsgroup? I couldn't find anything in the man page for
readers.conf in regards to this.

Thank you again,
-Basil

> > auth "admin" {
> > 	hosts: "*"
> > 	auth: "ckpasswd -f /usr/local/news/passwd/isp-admin"
> > 	key: admin
> > }
> >
> > auth "users" {
> > 	hosts: "*"
> > 	auth: "ckpasswd -f /usr/local/news/passwd/isp"
> > 	key: users
> > 	default: "<anonymous>"
> > }
> >
> > access "admin" {