readers.conf problems

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sat Sep 22 14:36:11 UTC 2001

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Basil Kruglov wrote:

> 1. One problem remains, how would inn allow user without any login/password in
> under `access "no-passwd"' ?

I believe what I posted before will work except I used <anon> in one place
and <anonymous> in the other.

> When I try to connect and hit enter/enter (or type something that doesn't
> exist in password files) I get "502 Authentication fail" error.

Right, if you fail authentication you get kicked off.  If you don't
attempt to authenticate at all (you may have to uncheck something in your
client to keep it from authentacting) you may (depending on configuration)
have access.

> 2. And another one, is there a way to allow 'admin' class to delete
> any article in any newsgroup? I couldn't find anything in the man page for
> readers.conf in regards to this.

I think cancels are turned on and off globally.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org