readers.conf problems

Basil Kruglov basil at cifnet.com
Sat Sep 22 15:11:52 UTC 2001

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 10:36:11AM -0400, Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:
> > 1. One problem remains, how would inn allow user without any login/password in
> > under `access "no-passwd"' ?
>
> I believe what I posted before will work except I used <anon> in one place
> and <anonymous> in the other.

I fixed this, but still get 502 error :/

> Right, if you fail authentication you get kicked off.  If you don't
> attempt to authenticate at all (you may have to uncheck something in your
> client to keep it from authentacting) you may (depending on configuration)
> have access.

Yes.. I suspected something like this. This config works in theory tho.

> > 2. And another one, is there a way to allow 'admin' class to delete
> > any article in any newsgroup? I couldn't find anything in the man page for
> > readers.conf in regards to this.
>
> I think cancels are turned on and off globally.

~news/etc/inn.conf, not exactly something that I'm looking for..

these two obviously are not something I need.
immediatecancel:        false
refusecybercancels:     false
--

verifycancels: from inn.conf man page: true will turn on check on all
cancel messages, to verify if the cancel is from the same person who

verifycancels:          false

and this one is just to log ctlinnd cancel messages via syslogd...
logcancelcomm:          false

I just need capabilities for user/class admin to cancel out messages
of abusers, it will be a public standalone server. (not connected to any
other).

-Basil