a few questions about INN 2.3.2 (on SunOS 5.8 i386)

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Tue Sep 25 22:09:24 UTC 2001

In article <20010924221438.A16900 at mark.bch.net>,
	"Brian C. Hill" <bchill at bch.net> wrote;

} 	1) I am/was under the impression that if a group
} 	is not in the active file, it will be tossed. I
} 	have a couple of groups that keep appearing anyway.

Which group do you find them in?  And can you tell me
Newsgroups and Xref header of those?

} 	2) The articles from 1) should at least follow the storage
} 	method for the class for which I have '*' speficied as the
} 	pattern, but they don't. I have that class set to timecaf, but
} 	they are being stored as tradspool.

It depends on how storage.conf looks like and the value
of storeonxref in inn.conf.

} 	3) Articles are appearing in the wrong group. Even when I wipe

Could you explain how it appears?

} 	4) What are INN folks using to gateway email->newgroups?

mailpost(8).
--
Katsuhiro Kondou