"dbz.c: Can't malloc" during expire

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Apr 16 13:11:42 UTC 2002

In article <72bsctguf4.fsf at nd1.eng.demon.net>,
Alex Kiernan  <alexk at demon.net> wrote:

| Elizabeth Zaenger <liz at eecs.umich.edu> writes:
|
| > Hi Alex,
| >
| > Thanks, but what does this mean?  Or rather, what's the fix?
| >

| Larger ulimit, more swap, more physical RAM, move to 64 bit
| architecure (probably in that order).

Actually, after setting ulimit higher, if you can't add more physical
memory I would consider rebuilding with tagged-hash on. Having run a few
too-small machines I believe that the performance hit will be less than
using a lot of swap and paging heavily.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc