Inn installation 2.3.0

manoj manoj at rii.ricoh.com
Thu Aug 15 00:19:57 UTC 2002

Hi I am sorry to bug all of u again and again,But i ond't know anything
about inn.
HOpe you guys will not mind.
Here is my newsfeed file
I don't know if i made correct entry or not.

bash-2.03# cat newsfeeds
##  $Id: newsfeeds.in,v 1.14.2.1 2000/05/25 22:26:53 kondou Exp $
##
##  newsfeeds - determine where Usenet articles get sent
##
##  Format:
##      site[/exclude,exclude...]\
##              :pattern,pattern...[/distrib,distrib...]\
##              :flag,flag...\
##              :param
##
##  This file is complicated -- see newsfeeds(5) for full details.

##  The ME feed entry is special magic.
##
##  "/exclude" entries for this feed entry will cause INN to reject all
##  articles that have passed through those listed sites (by matching
##  be listed as exclusions to reject specific types of 3rd-party cancel
##  messages (see the "Cancel FAQ" in news.admin.net-abuse.usenet):
##
##      cyberspam       Cancels for spam, munged articles, binaries
##      spewcancel      Cancels for munged articles and runaway gateways
##      bincancel       Cancels for binary postings to non-binary groups
##      udpcancel       Cancels to force sites to enforce antispam policies
##
##  The "pattern" field for this feed entry gives the initial subscription
##  list for all other feeds specified in this file.  These patterns are
##  *prepended* to all other feed patterns.  Using this feature is
##  confusing and mildly discouraged; make sure you understand the man
##  page before using it.
##
##  "/distrib" for this feed entry specifies what distributions the server
##  will accept.  If any distributions are listed there, the server will
##  accept only articles with those distributions.  If all the
##  distributions listed are negated (starting with !), then the server
##  will only accept articles without those distributions.
##
##  Patterns affect *outgoing* feeds.  Distributions affect *incoming*
##  feeds.

# Empty default subscription list, reject all incoming articles with a
# distribution of "local" or "collabra-internal," accept all others.
#ME:!*/!local,!collabra-internal::

# The same as the above, but would reject all posts that have
# news.example.com in the path (posts passing through that site).
#ME/news.example.com:!*/!local,!collabra-internal::

##  Uncomment if you're using innfeed.  This feed tells INN how to run
##  innfeed, and then every site you're feeding with innfeed has a
##  flag of Tm and an argument of "innfeed!" to funnel into this feed.
##  The feed pattern for innfeed should *always* be "!*"; don't ever
##  feed articles directly into innfeed.
##
##  Add "-y" as an option to startinnfeed to use the name of each feed as
##  the name of the host to feed articles to; without "-y" an innfeed.conf
##  file is needed.

# innfeed funnel master.
innfeed!\
        :!*\
        :Tc,Wnm*:/var/spool/news/bin/startinnfeed

##  Uncomment if usecontrolchan is set to true in inn.conf.  See INSTALL
##  for more information.

# Send non-cancel control messages through controlchan.
#controlchan!\
#       :!*,control,control.*,!control.cancel\
#       :Tc,Wnsm:/var/spool/news/bin/controlchan

##  Only uncomment this feed if both enableoverview and useoverchan are
##  set to true in inn.conf.  By default, innd will write out overview
##  internally and doesn't need or want this feed, but useoverchan can
##  optionally be set to true and this feed uncommented to move those
##  operations out of innd's main loop.

# News overview.
overview!:*:Tc,WnteO:/var/spool/news/bin/overchan

##  OUTGOING NORMAL FEED EXAMPLES

# A real-time feed through innfeed.  Don't send articles with a distribution
# of "foo", since those articles are internal.
#news.uu.net/uunet\
#       :!junk,!control*/!foo\
#       :Tm:innfeed!

# Create a batch file in /var/spool/news/spool/outgoing for all articles
# that haven't already passed through nic.near.net.  The batch file will
# be named nic.near.net, the default file name, and either nntpsend or
# send-nntp can send articles from that spool file.
#nic.near.net\
#       :!junk,!control*/!foo\
#       :Tf,Wnm:

# A UUCP feed, where we try to keep the "batching" between 4K and 1K.
#ihnp4\
#       :!junk,!control/!foo\
#       :Tf,Wnb,B4096/1024:

##  OUTGOING SPECIAL FEED EXAMPLES

# Feed all moderated source postings to an archiver.
#source-archive!:!*,*sources*,!*wanted*,!*.d\
:Tc,Wn:/var/spool/news/bin/archive -f -i /var/spool/news/spool/archive/INDEX

# News to mail gateway.  Similar to innfeed, this uses a master feed and
# then individual feeds for every separate address that news is being
# gated to.  This sends all posts to rec.pets.redants.* to the address
# news-software at example.com.
#news2mail!:!*,Tc,Ac,Wn*:/var/spool/news/bin/news2mail
#news-software at example.com:rec.pets.redants.*:Tm:news2mail!

# Capture all local postings (with a distribution of "foo" and no more
# than two sites in the Path) using a local program (that doesn't come with
# INN).
#capture\
#       :*/foo\
#       :Tp,H2:/usr/local/bin/capture %s
ME:*,!control*,!junk::
host/alias:*,!local.*,!control*,!junk/!local:Tf,Wnm:

Thanks,
manoj