Inn installation 2.3.0

manoj manoj at rii.ricoh.com
Thu Aug 15 00:15:29 UTC 2002

here is my innfeed.conf

bash-2.03# pwd
/var/news/log
bash-2.03# cat innfeed.c
bash-2.03# pwd
/var/news/log
bash-2.03# cd ../etc/
bash-2.03# cat inn
inn.conf        innfeed.conf    innreport.conf  innwatch.ctl
bash-2.03# cat innfeed.conf
# $Revision: 1.2 $
#
# Sample innfeed config file. See the comment block at the
# end for a fuller description of the format, and innfeed.conf(5) for a
# description of the entries.
#

##
## Global values. Not specific to any peer. These are optional, but if
## used will override the compiled in values.
##

pid-file:                       innfeed.pid             # relative to
pathrun
debug-level:                    0
use-mmap:                       false
log-file:                       innfeed.log             # relative to
pathlog
stdio-fdmax:                    0

## Uncomment the next line to include the contents
## of ``testfile'' at this point.

#$INCLUDE testfile

backlog-directory:              innfeed                 # relative to
pathspool
backlog-rotate-period:          60
backlog-ckpt-period:            30
backlog-newfile-period:         600

dns-retry:                      900
dns-expire:                     86400
close-period:                   3600
gen-html:                       false
status-file:                    innfeed.status          # relative to
pathlog
connection-stats:               false
host-queue-highwater:           200
stats-period:                   600
stats-reset:                    43200

max-reconnect-time:             3600
initial-reconnect-time:         30

##
## Defaults for all peers. These must all exist at
## global scope. Any of them can be redefined
## inside a peer or group definition.
##

article-timeout:                600
response-timeout:               300
initial-connections:            1
max-connections:                5
max-queue-size:                 25
streaming:                      true
no-check-high:                  95.0
no-check-low:                   90.0
no-check-filter:                50.0
port-number:                    119
drop-deferred:                  false
min-queue-connection:           false
backlog-limit:                  0
backlog-factor:                 1.10
backlog-limit-highwater:        0
dynamic-method:                 3
dynamic-backlog-filter:         0.7
dynamic-backlog-low:            25.0
dynamic-backlog-high:           50.0
no-backlog:                     false

##
## Peers.
##
#peer decwrl {
#        ip-name:                news1.pa.dec.com
#}

#peer uunet {
#        ip-name:                news.uunet.uu.net
#        max-connections:        10
#}

##
## Group peers together to give second level defaults.
##
#group fast-sites {
#       max-connections: 7
#
#       peer data.ramona.vix.com {
#               # ip-name defaults to data.ramona.vix.com
#               streaming:              false
#       }
#
#       peer bb.home.vix.com {
#               ip-name:        192.5.5.33
#       }
#}

# Blank lines are ignored. Exerything after a '#'
# is ignored too.
#
# Format is:
#               key : value
#
# See innfeed.conf(5) for a description of
# necessary & useful keys. Unknown keys and their
# values are ignored.
#
# Values may be a integer, floating-point, c-style
# single-quoted characters, boolean, and strings.
#
# If a string value contains whitespace, or
# embedded quotes, or the comment character
# (``#''), then the whole string must be quoted
# with double quotes.  Inside the quotes, you may
# use the standard c-escape sequence
# (\t,\n,\r,\f,\v,\",\').
#
# Examples:
#       eg-string:      "New\tConfig\tfile\n"
#       eg-long-string: "A long string that goes
#                       over multiple lines. The
#                       newline is kept in the
#                       string except when quoted
#                       with a backslash \
#                       as here."
#       eg-simple-string: A-no-quote-string
#       eg-integer:     10
#       eg-boolean:     true
#       eg-char:        'a'
#       eg-ctrl-g:      '\007'