unique readers

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sun Aug 25 22:06:08 UTC 2002

Jeffrey M Vinocur <jeff at litech.org> writes:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> Is someone who knows how this is working coming to Cartel next week at
>> Stanford?  We're currently working on our second-generation webauth
>> system, which is very similar, and we should compare notes.

> (Russ, are you still curious about this?  I think there are some slides on
> cuwebauth/cuweblogin up on the web which may be informative.)

Yes, I'm actually very interested in this for the day job, although I
think after Cartel we have better contacts with people, although not with
Cornell.  But CMU and UW are also working on similar things.

>> We should get SASL at some point,

> I spent a remarkable portion of the summer out of the country; I hope to
> put some significant time into this in the immediate future.

The SASL stuff you were working on looked really good; I'd love to have
that support and a standard to point people at.  Since so many client
authors just went through this for SMTP AUTH, I'm guessing it won't be too
hard to get them to support it, either.

(Getting them to support Kerberos is, as always, another problem.)