bandwith limitation ...

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Thu Aug 1 06:06:51 UTC 2002

On 12 Jun 2002, bill davidsen wrote:

> In article <005b01c20437$429441c0$2a80c13e at lightxp>,
> Petar Zivanovic <zpetar at tehnicom.net> wrote:
> |
> | how or can i limit bandwith from/to some IP or per connection base ...
> | can i do it from INN or must i do it from OS ... linux ...
>
> Unless you want to delve into the QOS stuff and advanced netfilter, do
> it the easy way and add the code to nnrpd. I did this ages ago and
> haven't touched it since, but what I did was relatively simple.

There is code for this in INN, actually.  Up through 2.3.3, the only
interface to the rate-limiting code is through Perl authentication
filters.  In CURRENT, however, there is a max_rate: parameter in
readers.conf which allows this to be set.

I still have the patches ("nnrpd-maxrate" and "nnrpd-ratelimitssl" at
http://www.litech.org/~jeff/inn-diffs/) which are against CURRENT.  I have
no idea if they will apply cleanly to 2.3.x, I think it's worth trying
though.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org