bindaddress & port -> listen ?

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Thu Aug 1 06:14:32 UTC 2002

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Matus \fantomas\ Uhlar wrote:

> i see directives bindaddress and port in inn.conf. As long as I was thinking
> about support for SSL, ipv6 etc, I'd like to know if we are going to have
> support for more address/ports innd and/or nnrpd will listen at.

Hmm.  It's hard to imagine when you would want INN to listen on multiple
ports, really.  I mean, some crazy thing like you have two network
interfaces and 119 is firewalled on one of them, I guess.  I can't work up
much energy about this, though.

There is some benefit to nnrpd on multiple ports (different
configurations, some with SSL some without, whatever).  But I can't see as
it's a big problem just to have several nnrpd's listening (if you use
daemon mode; if not just configure inetd as appropriate), right?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org