nnrp + Kerberos V authentication

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 26 00:07:07 UTC 2002

Christopher P Lindsey <isc.org at spamfodder.com> writes:

> I've thrown together a quick hack to do NNRP authentication with a
> Kerberos password.  This DOES NOT include Kerberos authentication via
> ticket passing -- it only compares a username/password pair against the
> corresponding Kerberos V principal/password.

> You can specify different Kerberos instances on the commandline, making
> for instance-based access to newsgroups pretty slick.

> For those interested, the package is available at

>    http://www.mallorn.com/tools/nnrpkrb5auth/

> It's been in use for about five days in my environment without any
> problems.

Very belatedly, thank you for this!  I'd like to include something like
this in with the default distribution for those of us who use Kerberos v5,
since I'll need something like this later on this year when I start
allowing username/password authentication via SSL.  Would you mind if this
code were included in INN (and distributed under the same license as INN,
or something else of your choice that's compatible)?