Compile problems with loadavg/setproctitle stuff

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 30 03:20:12 UTC 2002

Jeffrey M Vinocur <jeff at litech.org> writes:

> Mmm, does this matter?  (I'm an autoconf idiot.)

> configure.in:987: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
> cross compiling

Nope, it's just an annoyance.  The AC_C_BIGENDIAN macro in autoconf
requires running a program to figure out the result, so it doesn't work
with cross-compiling, but most people aren't cross-compiling INN anyway.

This is fixed in the current version of Autoconf, but the current version
of Autoconf is a whole new interesting porting job that I'm putting off
for the time being since what we have works pretty well.