History File over 2GB

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 30 20:43:18 UTC 2002

greg andruk <gja at meowing.net> writes:

> tradinidexed in particular wants careful handling, since that and
> tradspool are supposed to be there to support spool-based readers.  The
> cheap and easy approach of poking an invalidation string into the middle
> of .overview kind of loses there =(

tradindexed doesn't generate .overview files, so I think we already lost
our ability to support spool-based readers a while back.  nnrpd currently
expects too much information from overview to work with basic .overview
files, although you could probably fake that with some work and an
overview method that only worked with traditional spool.