restoring expired articles

Matt Schillinger mschilli at vss.fsi.com
Fri Aug 9 13:06:08 UTC 2002

Hello,

I have been unable to find suitable documentation on restoring articles. I
have setup a innd server, but mistakenly, expiration at 10 days was set
(as per default) for articles.  This is an in-house news server without
newsfeeds, for purely in house articles, that should NEVER expire.
Anyway, the expiration has been taken care of so no more articles will
expire, but I need to restore articles.

I have restored the articles in question to a restore directory via our
backup software, but need to get the articles into innd so that users can
see the articles.

Could someone walk me through this procedure?  I would be greatly
appreciative.  I have found docs concerning makehistory, and think that
may be the right area, but I am apprehensive in pursuing it on the live
server.

Thanks,

Matt Schillinger
mschilli at vss.fsi.com