Adding lib/wire.c

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 13 17:08:20 UTC 2002

Alex Kiernan <alexk at demon.net> writes:

> With all the hacking on nnrpd I've been doing, I've become more & more
> aware of the amount of duplication we have in the manipulation of
> articles.

> I've started pulling some of the wire format article manipulation into
> lib/wire.c (but right now all there is a wire_findbody[1])

> Good idea/bad idea?

> [1] the only reason I implemented this one was it stuck out at the top
> of a profiling session as the number one user of CPU cycles

Sounds like a good idea to me.  The more stuff that we pull out into lib
the better.

BTW, while we're on that topic, would you mind if I pulled syspagesize out
of lib/mmap.c and instead just wrote a replacement for getpagesize for
systems that don't have it and then modified INN to just use getpagesize
everywhere?  It looks like there are uses in the storage handlers that
this would simplify as well.