Licenses on a few things in INN

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 14 05:46:48 UTC 2002

Alex Kiernan <alexk at demon.net> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> writes:

>> I agree and I would worry about that except that I don't think anyone
>> is using either of those programs except possibly the original authors.

> Not sure what everyone else thinks, but I tend to think we have too
> many random, special interest, tools which come as part of INN, though
> some are I guess as INN has transitioned from a world which did UUCP
> and news batches through to multi-Mb streamed feeds.

Both of these are fairly recent, though (one of them I added myself).
pathinfo is a fairly stand-alone sort of program that will probably be
fine on the contrib site; I added it because Brad submitted it, but I've
not heard a lot about people using it.

pwcheck.c was something Marc added in the early days of readers.conf, and
it has some relatively site-specific assumptions in it.  It's also
something that I think might be worth just reimplementing from scratch if
anyone really needs it; it's a very simple program.