buffindexed: could not open overview

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Mon Dec 16 12:48:05 UTC 2002

In article <20021216071704.GA31100 at cdp.kigam.re.kr>,
	Sang-yong Suh <sysuh at kigam.re.kr> wrote;

} After rebuilding INN with MMAP_MISSES_WRITES symbol turned on,
} and rebuilding overver DB, my RedHat Linux 7.3 SMP runs smoothly.
} I've run news.daily every six hours on the test box, and received
} six CLEAN reports already.  No overview error.

Great work, Sang-yong!  Thanks for your investigating the
problem.  I could not find it by myself.  I'd like to know
whether people who met buffer corruption of buffindexed
run it on linux SMP or not.

} Therefore, the next step would be writing a test program which simulate
} mmapwrites as done by the two programs innd and expireover.
} I want to prove that MMAP misses writes if they run simulataneously
} on a SMP Linux.

Then, current MMAP_MISSES_WRITES verification in configure
is not enough for buffindexed.

} Katsuhiro, would you like to write a such test program so that I can run
} my Linux SMPs?  If all goes well, we may replace the test program in
} INN configure...

I wish I could, but I've been terribly busy in my office
work for these few months.  I hope someone will do instead.
Sang-yong, could you ...?
--
Katsuhiro Kondou