2.5 wish list (was Re: pre-2.4 (was Re: buffindexed jumbo patch) )

Sang-yong Suh sysuh at kigam.re.kr
Mon Dec 23 07:33:08 UTC 2002

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 01:57:37AM -0500, Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:
> No strong opinion; is there any advantage to putting it off?  (For
> example, if something scheduled for 2.5 will require a complete rebuild,
> then it would make sense to delay it.)

If you are making an wish list, I have one.

I wish spam filtering ( perl/python filering ) can be run parallel
with article reception.  This will benifit for a SMP machine, which
have enough idle time on other CPUs.  Would it be possible?
My server is getting slow and slow these days.  It spends a lot of
time on perl filtering...
--
sysuh