pre-2.4 (was Re: buffindexed jumbo patch)

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Dec 23 06:57:37 UTC 2002

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Russ Allbery wrote in inn-patches:

> I'm not sure on whether this should go into 2.4 given the change in
> compatibility with existing overview; I was hoping to avoid such a change
> in the 2.4 release.  What do other people think on that?

No strong opinion; is there any advantage to putting it off?  (For
example, if something scheduled for 2.5 will require a complete rebuild,
then it would make sense to delay it.)

I'd also be concerned about making too many pervasive changes at this
point (but see below).

> My hope is to get INN 2.4 out pretty soon, but I haven't asked inn-workers
> yet what we have pending that really needs to get in.

Well, I'd like to track down this thing I mentioned where I'm only seeing
the first line of wrapped References show up in overview.  (I'm not
entirely convinced, but I believe it only happens with a makehistory
rebuild and not with fresh incoming articles.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org