One Feeder, Multiple Readers ...

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Wed Jan 9 10:10:52 UTC 2002

In article <20020107194604.P13414-100000 at earth.hub.org>,
	"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy at hub.org> wrote;

} 	So, first question ... does this even make any sense?  I can see
} it working for fail-over between two computers, but for news reading on
} both computers simultaneously?

I don't think it works, if both server share the same
region.  There are some places to use LockRange() which
calls fcntl(F_SETLKW or F_SETLK).

} 	My thought was to go with something like a NetApp, instead of a
} SCSI bus, to do pretty much the same thing ... Feeder writes to NetApp,
} Readers are setup so that they read from NetApp and Post through Feeder
} ... should eliminate any NFS-Locking issues, no?
}
} 	Thoughts on either solution?  suggestion of a third possible?

I don't recommend even NFS personally, but someone, on
the list, reported that it works.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou