makehistory confusion

Graeme Mathieson graeme+inn-workers at mathie.cx
Thu Jan 17 14:41:24 UTC 2002

[ It seems to be SOP on this list to keep discussion to the list if you
  don't mind ... ]

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 09:12:04AM -0500, Russell Virgilio wrote:

> could you keep me updated on your progress, I have had the exact same problem
> here at Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta.

I think the change I've made to makehistory.c is not going to have
anything to do with it if you're having the same problem.  The behaviour
I changed it to matches that of makehistory in 2.3.2.

JOOI, are you using ovdb?  And do you see messages along the lines of:

Jan 17 14:35:55 drusilla expireover[28327]: OVDB: expiregroup:
recounting comp.os.vms

during news.daily's run?  I think I'm going to try and track back from
that now...

... although, I've just finished running:

news.daily expireover lowmark delayrm notdaily

and the low numbers in the active file are still correct.  I'm confused.
And I've got to run just now.  I'll look at it further this evening.
--
graeme+sig at mathie.cx                          http://www.mathie.cx/~graeme/