innxmit strange behavior

Steven L. Sesar ssesar at mitre.org
Thu Jan 17 16:09:56 UTC 2002

"Jeffrey M. Vinocur" wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Steven L. Sesar wrote:
>
> > The strangeness is the fact that on the origin server, several of the
> > articles contain threads, however the threads didn't get copied over to
> > the destination server.
>
> What?  I have no idea what you're trying to say here; a "thread" is a
> logical collection of articles (i.e., it doesn't make sense for an article
> to "contain" a thread).

I sent this *way* too soon. Here's a much beeter(?) description of my
problem:

I tranfered all articles in a particular newsgroup from one server to
another. I subscribed to this newsgroup via Netscape Messenger on both
servers. The origin server reports that it has 1722 articles while the
destination server reports only 1375.