innxmit strange behavior

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Thu Jan 17 18:51:00 UTC 2002

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Steven L. Sesar wrote:

> Good call, but I covered that. Question. Since the history file format in
> 2.3.2 doesn't contain a string denoting the newsgroup name, ( a'la 2.2.1), how
> can I determine how many articles exist in a newsgroup?

I don't know how to get at it internally, but over an NNTP connection, the
"group" command will tell you how many.  Notice below only two of a
possible four (47 through 50) articles actually exist.

200 news.litech.org InterNetNews server INN 2.3.3 (20010614 prerelease)
ready

group misc.test.moderated
211 2 47 50 misc.test.moderated

xhdr Subject 47-50
221 Subject matches follow (NOV)
47 Trance-Formation of America: Clinton Coke Lines (excerpt #6)
50 tester robottens rv II
.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur