backing up articles inn foo.*

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 18 18:45:15 UTC 2002

Steven L Sesar <ssesar at mitre.org> writes:

> How could I conceivable create an archive of foo.* if my storage method
> is CNFS? I do have a backup feed of foo.*, which keeps articles around
> indefinetly , but what I want is simply a flat file archive that would
> be rewritten daily.

Basically, you have to run an archive program of some kind out of
newsfeeds, since pulling the articles out of CNFS is more of a pain than
doing that.  There's an archive program that comes with INN that may be
suitable, or it's not too difficult to write one's own (just feed it
article tokens, use sm to retrieve them, and append the articles to an
archive file separated by some convenient separator).