backing up articles inn foo.*

Karl Skibinski charly at 40.to
Sat Jan 19 13:34:27 UTC 2002

Hiho!

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 10:45:15AM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> There's an archive program that comes with INN that may be
> suitable,

Aehm, sorry for not making this known much earlier, but some weeks ago
I found that archive does not create flat file archives correctly. In
fact crossposts are not handled correctly by trying go create links
between destination files.

I'll create a patch this weekend and mail it to bugs (or patches?).

> or it's not too difficult to write one's own (just feed it
> article tokens, use sm to retrieve them, and append the articles to an
> archive file separated by some convenient separator).

Additionaly I extened archive to write flat files in mbox format. So
archives are simpler to use. I'll submit this patch along.

Stay tuned. ;-)

Greetings, Charly!