bug in nnrpd password?

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Tue Jan 22 18:50:53 UTC 2002

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Adi Sieker wrote:

> http://www.isc.org/ml-archives/inn-workers/2000/06/msg00264.html
>
> Does anyone know if this is in any todo/pending list in the near
> future? I presume no, as there isn't any changes in nnrpd/commands.c
> in todays snapshot and the post is a year and a half ago.

We just had a big discussion about it recently, check archives and
news.software.nntp (via http://groups.google.com/) if you're curious.

I have a patch for this, but haven't committed it because Russ suggested I
rewrite it to use some new string vector functionality.  So this isn't the
patch which will eventually be committed, but if you want to use it in the
meantime I don't have a problem with it.

The patch is at http://www.litech.org/~jeff/inn-diffs/nnrpd-argify

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org