moving newsgroups to new inn installation on a different computer

Adi Sieker adi-ml at living-source.com
Tue Jan 29 15:02:21 UTC 2002

Hi all,

we are using inn in an intranet enviroment to ease communication.
Our current server is getting a little dated and we are about to
replace it.
=46rom what I understand/gather all I have todo is:
1. copy the patharticles directory over to the new computer (the inn
   installation on the new computer is configured to use tradspool).
2. copy the active and history.* files over to the new computer.
3. start inn on the new computer.

The old version of inn is 2.2.1. The new version is 2.3.2

Is my understanding correct or am I missing something vital??

Any hints and help appreciated
    Adi