Looking for method to verify incoming feed

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Tue Jan 29 21:38:33 UTC 2002

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Humes, David  G. wrote:

> I am setting up a new incoming feed and am looking for some way to confirm
> that I am receiving articles from that site.  Does inn keep track of where
> articles are fed from and provide any way to view that information?

On an article-by-article basis, look in the ~news/log/news file.  It lists
each article offerred, where it came from, whether it was accepted or not
(+ or -), the message-ID, and some other information as well.

In general, you should be getting nightly reports via email from
news.daily that will summarize your incoming and outgoing feeds.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org